Wednesday 6 June 2012

L'Etape des Dames

It's nearly time for the start. I have spent the most of my waking hours over the past few days asking myself how June arrived so quickly and how exactly did we end up dreaming up this madcap scheme in the first place?
I have packed and unpacked my panniers so many times and tried to convince myself that after circumnavigating Norfolk with just a bumbag I can really survive 6 days on the bike with 1 change of clothes and SHOCK HORROR! no beauty case.....I suppose there is still time to dash out and buy a little trailer?
I cycled to Aldeburgh on Monday with my best guess of full France kit. It was heavy and I unintentionally chose the hilliest part of Suffolk to traverse. Down was fine - except when the peacock got in my way - but up was a challenge. I have to fess up to walking up a couple of stretches. There - just blown the iron woman image in one fell swoop.
Anyone reading this please send positive weather vibes. I may try and update once we are in La Belle France but various important parts of me may have ceased to function by then like brain , hands etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment