Thursday 5 April 2012

The Bike Man

I met a chap at a party. No this is not going the way you think...I had "met " him previously when he sailed past me as I huffed and puffed along a section of the Cambridge to Norwich ride. Naturally we got talking about bikes and journeys and he told me I must go and see a marvellous man who will ensure that my bike and I are as compatible as Brangelina. I have to admit that I was very sceptical about this idea as I am Mrs Amateur with (shock horror) only one bike which will have to do come what may.
After many months of prevarication I was given a firm nudge in the direction of making the call by my chiropractor who once again relieved my aching back with acupuncture and by my family who are becoming tired of my stressing about whether I am up to the France trip physically.
So off I trotted with Lesley for moral support to a converted garage in a nearby village. Had to go by car given lack of daylight but it was completely in keeping with my amateur status anyway!
Matt is a total star. He helped to sort out my position within the limits of my equipment and I didn't even flinch when he took a hacksaw to my handlebars. He is following up the visit by sorting some more bits of kit and has arranged a meeting with a local retailer who can give us the best advice about lightweight essentials for our travels. I hope he found our visit a bit of light relief after an afternoon of dealing with serious cyclists whose primary concern is performance - sod the comfort. Obviously our priorities are skewed differently!
His advice has been worth every penny so far. His details are:
Matt Jackson - Advanced Cycle Science
Tel : 01508 531769 /07795 424671
Email : thefootlab@me.com
Website : www.thefootlab.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment